Sector: Financial Services – Wealth Management, Investment, Pensions, Real Estate. MiFID Investment firm
Title: Financial Controller
Location: 13 Mount Street Upper, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 F407
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Managing Director
Contract Type: Full time & permanent
Salary and Benefits: TBC
Working: Office based 5 days per week with some work from home under the current
BCWM plc is a MiFID Investment Firm regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. We
specialise in financial planning and investment advisory offering in depth advice and support
to clients and their families by providing a unique partnership and long-term relationship
with our clients.
We focus on ‘total wealth’ preservation, and enhancement by providing bespoke customised
wealth management services on a fee-only basis which ensures we place our client interests
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join our team reporting
directly to the Head of Finance and Managing Director.
The Financial Controller is responsible for maintaining the company’s books and records to
ensure that an accurate picture of the company’s financial position can be determined when
You will be required to maintain the company’s accounts on a day-to-day basis and report
the company’s financial performance to the Head of Finance and Managing Director on a
- A strong academic background with a university degree preferably in business, finance, or accounting.
- A professional accountancy qualification from a recognized professional body (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Experience in Pensions, Investments or Wealth Management desirable but not essential.
- Previous regulatory experience with Central Bank reporting requirements a distinct advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-motivated with good organisational skills and ability to work on your own initiative.
- Well-presented with professional manner.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining quality standards and effective time management.
- Eager to learn and take ownership.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel with strong analytical ability.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Regular reporting of the financial performance of the company to the Central Bank.
- Preparing annual financial statements and liaising with the company’s Auditors to ensure the financial statements are prepared which comply with all applicable accounting standards.
- Assisting the Head of Finance with Company Secretarial filings for the Group.
- Reconciling bank receipts and maintaining the debtor ledger.
- Processing supplier payments and maintaining the creditor ledger.
- Managing the company’s cash and funding requirements.
- Providing FX rates to the Operations Team and processing FX transactions.
- Ensuring timely, accurate filing of VAT and VIES returns and payments.
- Ensuring timely payment of PAYE liabilities.
- Preparing financial analysis including budgeting and cash flow projections.
- Liaising with the company’s tax advisors to ensure the CT returns are accurately prepared and filed on time.